Last December, Choc Studio again participated in MASTERS OF LXRY, the Dutch 'high end lifestyle' exhibition that traditionally takes place in the Amsterdam RAI. As a partner of Orange Yachting - who represented the stylish Pardo Yachts during the exhibition days - Choc Studio presented itself in a pleasant Italian furniture setting. And in addition to all kinds of beautiful interior, art, design, fashion and fast vehicles and vessels, there was also a lot of good food and drink in this edition. In short, it was a successful fair: so make sure to book this event in your agenda, because we expect the Masters of LXRY 2020 to be another party!
>> MASTERS OF LXRY - RAI AMSTERDAM - lxry.nl
We increasingly experience the kitchen as the heart of the house: here we live and enjoy as in no other spaces. Also within the interiors of Choc Studio, the kitchen plays an important role. Given our love for Italian design, it is not surprising that Italian kitchens here have our preference. And to express this love, Choc Studio has partnered with kitchen specialist Ducth Kitchen Design.
>>> pictured kitchen island is by Cesar Cucine.
Furnishing a house is a fun process. Yet many people experience this process as stressful. No worries. That is, if you (1) have an eye for interior, don't let the overwhelming range of products make you crazy, like to make and monitor all kinds of logistic plans, enjoy directing the contractor, kitchen supplier, painter, carpenter and so on. Or you (2) hire a professional, who is very happy to make the design for you, thinks about the necessary activities and parties, selects all the necessary residential products, then ensures that these products are delivered and installed at the right time and in the right place and - on top of it - is the liaison for the various parties involved. Choc Studio is such a design studio: we take our client along in the fun part of the interior design process and take care of the less fun work. Do you also experience panic? >> contact us
Where do you find the best interior inspiration? Four interior design fairs that matter:
- The Salone del Mobile is now in Milan. Not only is the fair itself a pleasure to visit, but the city of Milan will also be turned upside down during the fair week! - Good second is the Parisian Maison et Objet. The September edition is especially popular because of the many stands with home accessories. If you are more in need of (large) furniture inspiration, you should visit the January-Trade Fair.
- Every other year in Kortrijk the interior is biennale. As far as we are concerned, not every edition is equally successful, but there have been years when we drove back to the Netherlands with a big smile.
- Our own homeland has also had an interior design fair in recent years, which is definitely worth a visit: Salon Residence in the Singer Museum in Laren. Whether a new edition is planned is not yet known at the time of writing. But we are looking forward to come again: chapeau Residence!
Since August 2018, Choc Studio has had a considerable amount of additional showroom space. In order to make it as desired, some work had to be done first: for example, the sample room has doubled in size and a kitchen has been added (in collaboration with Dutch Kitchen Design). Also some extra showroom space has been added, which enables us to show you more products and brands we use for the realization of our designs. We have several sofas, dining chairs and home accessories from Marac and Meridiani, (curtain) fabrics from Zinc, Arte wallpaper and products from our own Pure Choc private label. As a new brand we have added the beautiful Nilson Beds to our collection. Interested to meet us? >> Make an appointment
Do you want to gain a tremendous amount of interior inspiration? This is only possible in Milan during the Salone del Mobile - the best interior event of the year. And it was a party again this year!
According to Choc, these are the most striking trends:
- Nowadays, bare walls are no longer possible: wall finishes are becoming increasingly surprising and inventive. Think really special wallpaper, but also panels and wall tiles of all kinds of materials. And a work of (photo) art is the least that should be hung on the wall...in very large format, please!
- Spicy colours are upcoming, also for materials like natural stone (we even saw pink, blue and green marble). But also watery shades and pastels are still doing well.
- Falling asleep is almost a shame, because the bedroom is increasingly luxuriously furnished. Think richly designed beds, warm carpets, sexy wall coverings and spacious walk-in closets. Exciting!
- Printing materials were often used as an accent: for example on one armchair, a single pillow or a bedspread. In addition, fabrics such as velvet are still a must. - Big gestures were not avoided during the presentations: we don't mean one houseplant for decoration, but half a garden centre. The same goes for lighting: we saw very large lamps and then preferably used in multiples.
- What about the seating area? Everything but 'less is more', but grandly set up and styled with lots of cushions, pouffes and side tables. - But the most important trend is and remains 'round'. Over the past three years, the circle mirror and ball lamp have appeared everywhere, but now we have seen this shape wherever we look, especially as a basis for tables, lighting and rugs.
So, now you are completely up to date!
Really: the most beautiful beds come from Italy. These are as it happens made by furniture manufacturer Meridiani. And not only their bed collection is stunning, the entire Meridiani furniture line is gorgeous! >> www.meridiani.it
'Diamonds are a girls best friend'. But a little gold generally also makes us women a little greedy. Especially in the interior! And if applied subtly, the men of Choc are also enthusiastic about these gold home accessories. >> inspiring gold on pinterest.com/golden-touch
Ruben and Myrthe: "Our house had been very outdated for years and it was time for The Great Change. We had an idea of what we liked, but we had no idea how to handle it. Choc Studio came to see us and Julia asked very diplomatically: 'So, what's supposed to stay...?'. >> Read more about how clients have experienced Choc Studio.
WWhat a great project: at the Brederode park in Bloemendaal, on the edge of the dunes, a special national monument is being redeveloped. In this former psychiatric hospital - with its bizarre high ceilings and appealing history - 40 luxury homes will be realized. The photos of the current state and the artist impressions of the intended result are well worth a look! >> www.cvanbloemendaal.nl
We love wallpaper! This is also because there are more and more special wallpapers on the market. The Belgian Arte, for example, offers a superdeluxe collection, from modest structures to exuberant patterns. For better customisation, we can highly recommend the print wallpaper from Wall & Deco as well as from Glamora!